The majority of homeowners do not give much thought to the components of a refrigerator unless it stops running, or it is time to replace it. In order to get the most use possible from this kitchen appliance it can be very good to know how it keeps food cold—and Five Star Yakima Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read below to learn everything you need to understand about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the time to hire refrigerator repair Yakima.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many houses that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a standard household appliance for several years. A household refrigerator will store food at the right temperature, to reduce spoiling and stop the growth of harmful bacteria. The concept of refrigeration starts by transferring the warmth from inside of the unit to the outside, relying on principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are. For questions or service call Five Star Yakima Appliance Repair:
The compressor is a combination of a motor and pump, and it’s necessary for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
A compressor is an integral piece of a refrigerator. You should hire a professional company if the compressor stops working.
The refrigerator condenser is found on the back exterior panel of the appliance and is there to release the heat absorbed within the refrigerator then out into the air.
A refrigerator evaporator is located on the interior of the refrigerator where it absorbs warmth held within it, thereby lowering the temperature inside the appliance.
The moment the evaporator stops working, it is time to find a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is carried within a capillary tube which serves as an expansion tool to cool the gas, thereby transforming the gas into liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat exists to regulate the temperature within the refrigerator, beginning a new cooling period when it is required.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Yakima for repair the moment a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature inside the refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors notify the compressor to begin, and then the cool down starts. The appliance collects the cold liquified refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes it, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor directs the heated gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils located on the exterior of the unit, where it comes in contact with the lower temperature in the room and transforms to a liquified state.
3. The cool liquid then continues its trip towards the evaporator component, traveling through the many coils on the interior of the refrigerator and freezer section.
4. The liquid absorbs the hot air from inside the refrigerator, thereby returning the temperature until it has reached the best final point.
5. The refrigerant evaporates, and turns back into a gas state, and returns to the compressor unit so it can continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is used in quite a few applications and household appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting heat from one area and transferring it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration helps cooling your house, creates a perfect space for perishable food, and helps with manufacturing and storage of many different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require professional attention? You can schedule service with Five Star Yakima Appliance Repair.
Five Star Yakima Appliance Repair can repair most common brands and models of refrigerators – including commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our experienced appliance repairmen in Yakima complete training to fix problems with cooling, ice makers, problems with condensation, puddles and leaks, bulbs, touch controls, smart functionality and other problems. We know refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working